Fusion During COVID
During the COVID-19 Outbreak
To provide a sense of stability for our community and to let our students know that the Coronavirus will not stop them from reaching their goals.
- Fusion will remain a vibrant community during this period of social distancing.
- Fusion will maintain a consistent class schedule during this time of uncertainty.
- Fusion will provide a variety of ways for our students to develop their martial arts skills during this cycle of hybrid learning.
- Fusion students will continue to advance in rank because we will hold Color Belt Tests every month that we will be training during COVID.
Fusion will not let the Coronavirus make our families feel alone and we will not let it stop our students from reaching their goals.
Classes During COVID
Fusion offers In-Person classes in the dojo for EVERY color belt student 3 days per week!
We also offer Online classes for EVERY color belt 3 days per week.
Fusion additionally has a tutorial page for every belt level on this website where students can practice all of their requirements with instructional videos.
Fusion has been APPROVED by the Westchester Department of Health to resume indoor training in the dojo.
Fusion’s Reopening Plan:
Our plan is designed to follow the Federal guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and New York State regulations regarding gyms & businesses that focus on youth sports.
1. Fusion will operate at 33% capacity as is required the New York State.
2. Classes will be structured in order to maintain 6 feet of separation at all times.
3. Students will have to RSVP for classes. There will be no walk-ins.
4. All students must wait outside of Fusion until the previous class has left the building. Students will be invited in when Fusion is ready.
5. No spectators/parents will be allowed into Fusion unless they have talked to Sensei Mark or Yonkyu Pilar in advance. Our goal is to limit the amount of people who are in the building at one time.
6. We ask students to stay at home if they are sick, if anyone who lives with them is sick or if they have been in contact with anyone recently diagnosed with COVID-19 (within the last 14 days).
7. All who enter the building will get a temperature check.
8. All who enter the building MUST WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES (including while training). This is required by New York State.
9. All students will be required to use hand sanitizer before entering Fusion.
10. Social Distancing will be observed at all times.
11. Please have all children go to the bathroom before coming to Fusion. We are trying to limit bathroom use.
12. Please have all students arrive at Fusion in their uniforms to limited use of changing rooms.
13. Please contact Fusion if a Fusion student is diagnosed with COVID-19 or has come into contact with anyone who has recently been diagnosed with COVID (within the last 14 days).
Initial Limitation to Training:
1. Initially, we will not practice close contact self-defense.
2. Initially, we will not practice contact sparring. We will be practicing no-contact sparring drills.
3. Initially, we will continue to hold the Lil’ Warriors and Young Samurai classes online because it is difficult to ensure social distancing rules with younger students.
Fusion’s Commitment to Cleanliness:
1. Fusion’ mat will be disinfected every day that students are training in-person.
2. The training pads that are used will be disinfected between every class.
3. Equipment belonging to students (e.g. “weapons” and sparring equipment):
• Equipment belonging to students must be stored at home. Fusion can no longer allow students to store their equipment on the premises.
• Students cannot share their equipment with other students.
• Students are encouraged to disinfect their equipment after every use.
1. We have installed MERV-13 filters in our HVAC system.
2. We will keep fans on during all classes.